Sustainable Travel Grant Scheme
Applications are now open until Monday 31st July 2017
Our Sustainable Travel Grants Scheme supports the development of Travel Plans and travel awareness in Aberdeen City and Shire.
Organisations can apply for up to £10,000 in matched funding to support sustainable transport initiatives.
The key factors influencing a decision are the extent to which applications demonstrate:
- An effective travel plan is actively being developed;
- An effective travel plan has been completed and is being implemented;
- The potential impact the scheme will have in improving sustainable travel;
- Innovation, environmental benefit are demonstrated by the organisation’s policies towards travel.
Other factors taken into consideration include:
- The nature of the applicant;
- The commitment shown by the applicant to support the proposal;
- If there are any existing planning requirements (For example, the grant would not be given for item that are required as a condition of planning permission);
- The application supports the Regional Transport Strategy;
- If there are other grants/assistance available;
- Potential number of beneficiaries;
- The availability of the STGS budget.
Any organisation based in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire can apply for funding towards measures aimed at supporting the development of more integrated and more sustainable transport. Applications can be made on behalf of:
- Any business or other organisation, including charities, not for profit and public sector agencies, based in or operating in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire;
- A specific workplace or section within such a business or other organisation;
- Commercial or public service premises (not a private residence) currently attracting visitors or customers by car.
Since its launch the STGS has provided funding to support schemes implementing measures such as improved pedestrian access, secure cycle parking and a shuttle bus.
Nestrans Sustainable Travel Grants documents available for downloading: