The following events are being held as part of European Mobility week 2013:
- Sat 14th Getabout Cycle Roadshow at the Garioch Sports Centre in Inverurie 10:00 until 15:00 FREE
- Sun 15th Pedal for Scotland family ride at Aberdeen Beach 09:30 – 16:00 + lots of activities FREE
- Mon 16th – Thurs 19th Getabout Cycle Roadshow at various North East schools
- Fri 20th Getabout sustainable Transport information stall George Street Aberdeen
- Sat 21st Getabout Cycle Roadshow at Duthie Park Aberdeen 10:00 until 15:00 FREE
- Sunday 22nd Getabout family Festival on Schoolhill and Belmont Street 10:00 until 16:00 All Free (apart from BBQ)
On Sunday 22nd September to celebrate In Town Without My Car Day, the Schoolhill/Belmont Street area will be given over to people instead of vehicles. A host of free activities organised by Aberdeen City Council and Getabout will be on offer, including: the Getabout cycle roadshow with lots of different bikes to try including recumbents, tandems, electric, folding, hand cranking, and clown bikes; the Getabout tent with free goodies such as lights, bike bottles, reflective gear, and cycle maps; a climbing wall; bike smoothie maker; First’s Northern Lights bus; the Stagecoach hybrid bus; Co-Wheels car club electric vehicles; rickshaw rides; and a barbecue.
The Bike Doctor will be on hand to give bike check-ups, while the HGV/cycle challenge will raise awareness of the problems faced by lorry drivers, by showing how many cyclists fit in an HGV driver’s blind spot.
The free event will run from 10am until 4pm on Schoolhill and Belmont Street. For more information visit: http://www.get-about.com
Traffic restrictions will be in place during the event. Schoolhill will be closed to vehicles.