Aberdeen International Airport is of vital importance to the north east economy, with a growing list of destinations served by the airport, some of which have been assisted by the Scottish Executive’s Route Development Fund.
Nestrans take part in the Scottish Parliament’s Cross Party group on aviation. A Vice Chair of Nestrans has continued to serve as a representative on the Aberdeen International Airport Consultative Committee.
Aberdeen International Airport: Terminal Transformation
Aberdeen International Airport is currently investing in a comprehensive transformation of the passenger facilities. This four year project will deliver a 50% increase in the size of the terminal, including:
- Coming Spring 2020: Opening of an exiting new catering unit.
- Landed autumn 2019: Opening of Bocco and refurbished Costa.
- Landed easter 2019: Reconfiguration of departure lounge, increase floor space and introduce new retail outlets.
- Complete: Larger and enhanced security search area and new World Duty Free, Rolling Luggage, WH Smith bookstore and WH Smith retail
- Complete: New international and domestic baggage reclaim facilities.
- Complete: Two new first floor business lounges.
- Complete: New immigration, domestic, and international arrivals facilities.
To find out more, visit the Aberdeen International Airport website.