Nestrans has been awarded £2.15 million in 2019-20 by Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Councils to fund strategic transport improvements across the region. This is supplemented by an agreed delayed draw down in funding from 2018/19 of £3 million.
The funding is being allocated to:
Rail – £2,736,500
- Contribution towards the construction of the new railway station and car park at Kintore.
- Consultancy study to assess options for improving access at Insch station.
- Working with ACC and ScotRail to develop proposals for a car park extension at Dyce station.
Strategic Road Capacity Improvements – £372,261
- AWPR signage for Aberdeenshire.
- Traffic signal monitoring and control upgrade.
- Digital communications migration.
Strategic Road Safety Improvements – £319,936
- A947 Road Safety Improvements.
- IRAP Studies on Strategic Corridors on the A98, A952, A93 and A944.
- Motorcycle initiatives, contributions to the implementation of interactive warning signs on A93 and A939.
- A947 Minor Road Safety Improvements.
- A944 / B993 to A97 road studs.
- A97 / A944 to Formartine road studs.
Strategic Road Prioritised Maintenance – £49,000
Union Street strategic bus lanes.
Bus Improvements – £755,680
- Improvements at Ellon Park & Ride.
- Bus stop accessibility Phase 2 (provision of raised kerbs at bus stops).
- Contribution to A93 Crathes mini interchange hub.
- Aberdeen City and Shire joint bus stop information initiative.
- Contribution to Oldmeldrum interchange hub.
- New e-scheduling system for AC Public Transport Unit.
Walking and Cycling – £772,832
Contributions and work on a variety of projects including:
- Maconochie Rd, Fraserburgh.
- A98 Shore St, Macduff Phase 2 footway reconstruction.
- A944 Aberdeen Rd, Alford footway reconstruction.
- Junction alterations LIB detailed design A90/Langstracht and A90/Broomhill.
- Craigshaw Dr cycle route design development.
- Farburn Terr/Wellheads Cycle Link design.
- Toucan at Murcar – design.
Carbon reduction and Air Quality – £45,000
EV charge points in Aberdeenshire.
Various – £92,064
Fraserburgh/Peterhead to Aberdeen Strategic Transport Study to STAG part 2 assessment.
Roads Hierarchy review.