Aberdeen City Region Deal - Strategic Transport Appraisal
The Strategic Transport Appraisal is a key element of the Aberdeen City Region Deal, tasked with considering the future transport needs of the region over the next 20 years.
The work on the Strategic Transport Appraisal to date has informed and supported the Regional Transport Strategy as well as the two Local Development Plans. It has also supported Transport Scotland’s Strategic Transport Projects Review 2 (STPR2), and the region’s response to the draft National Planning Framework, NPF4.
The next stages of work for the Strategic Transport Appraisal include:
- Completion of Strategic Modelling Work, and testing of key areas.
- Appraisal and Business Case Development for A90(N)/A952 Corridor, building on the work which considered upgrades to the Ellon by-pass, Toll of Birness junction and other associated safety and reliability measures on the routes between Ellon, Peterhead and Fraserburgh.
- Business Case Development for A956 Wellington Road Corridor
- A Rail Freight Demand and Options study, considering future opportunities arising from Aberdeen South Harbour and the adjacent Energy Transition Zone.
- Pilot “Live-Lab” interventions, based on demonstrator projects which can be learned from, prior to wider roll out:
- Transport Mobility Hubs in urban and rural settings, bringing together public transport, shared transport and active travel options.
- Regional “demountable” Hydrogen Fuelling Hubs, providing the means for a wide range of public and private fleets to consider hydrogen vehicles.
Mobility hubs, which bring together forms of transport, will be trialled as part of the Live Labs funded by the City Region Deal