2040 Regional Transport Strategy and supporting documents
The Regional Transport Strategy underwent a 10-week period of consultation from 5th August 2020 until 16th October 2020. A dedicated website has been created to host all activities relating to the consultation and engagement, as well as updates on the draft RTS as it moves through the process.
- Draft Regional Transport Strategy
- Strategic Transport Appraisal – Draft Preliminary Options Appraisal Report
- Fairer Duty Scotland, Equality Impact Assessment and Health Inequalities Impact Assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
Regional Transport Strategy: Background
The Aberdeen City Regional Deal includes provision for the development of a regional Strategic Transport Appraisal. This is being used to inform the Regional Transport Strategy, work on Transport Scotland’s second Strategic Transport Projects Review, and other relevant documents. Initial work considered the evidence base, development of key objectives, and a long list of potential schemes. This work is published below:
- Strategic Transport Appraisal – Pre-Appraisal Interim Report – Executive Summary
- Strategic Transport Appraisal – Pre-Appraisal Interim Report
- Strategic Transport Appraisal – Pre-Appraisal Interim Report – Appendix
RTS 2040 Scoping Report – this background paper has been developed to set out the key considerations for the development of the next RTS including the challenges of developing a strategy that considers the region’s aspirations for growth and regional, national and global expectations to reduce emissions and improve quality of life.
Presentation to Nestrans Board on 13th February 2019 – a summary of the context for the development of the next RTS, the vision, wider influences and the need for supporting research.
Presentation to Nestrans Board on 17th April 2019 – starting to think about key themes, trends and what we need the next RTS to achieve.